August 12, 2021
Air balancing helps distribute proper air flow to each room in your home. Not only does it make for a more comfortable environment, but it also improves the performance and efficiency of your HVAC system. There are several things you can try before contacting a professional:
1. Change dirty filters – A buildup of dust and dirt in your filters can obstruct the flow of air.
2. Utilize window coverings – Close shades/blinds or pull your curtains to lessen the sun’s effect on the temperature of a room.
3. Clear the area around your vents – Make sure rugs, curtains and furniture are not inhibiting air flow.
4. Weatherproof windows and doors – Proper sealing helps decrease the effect outside air has on the interior temperature.
5. Adjust vent louvres – Simple, but effective, adjusting the louvers of a vent allows you to increase or decrease airflow as needed.
Still experiencing a room that’s too hot…or one that’s too cold? Call Advance Mechanical, our technicians will evaluate your ductwork and other systems, then make the necessary adjustments to ensure each room feels just right!